SLI Not Using Second GPU But Does Acknowledge That it is Installed

askediia7

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
I recently purchased a second gtx 770 to sli with my current 770.
I installed it into the pci-express slot and installed my sli bride but no matter what I do the second GPU will not fire up in games. MSI Afterburner sees the card and monitors it's temps and fan speeds but when ever i fire up a game the car never goes past 1 percent power.

Basically the second card is not being used.
I am using drivers 347.09 (downloaded with Geforce Experience)
In my nvidia control pannel and Geforce Experience it tells me there are 2 gtx 770's but there are no sli settings

did you make sure that sli was enabled in the NVidia control panel? In the 3d settings there is a Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX make sure you have it enabled there. If it is and your still having issues I would try another sli bridge

Also what games are you playing? Oddly enough some games don't use sli still to this day.

askediia7

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
there are no sli options in the Nvidia control panel and that is what puzzles me, but the nvidia control pannel does show that I have 2 gtx 770's and most other options are there just not any sli ones. I can dedicate the second 770 to be a physx card but thats it and if i plug one of my 3 monitors into the second card they still work properly

sla70r

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

Ok I think I can help you out here.

Download this HyperSLI 1.0, install it. Restart once or twice and see if you can get SLI going. I have a feeling your MOBO is a bit older and is having trouble on the SLI front.