SLI not Working

Jan 14, 2019
SO, I have 1080 Ti in sli, and before they used to work together. But now I swapped the case and fully reinstalled OS on another SSD as the other one broke. Now no message of enable sli in nvidia control panel. both cards are detected. I have a Zotac SLI bridge which was just bought. PLS help

Solution
As usual please list all available hardware.

Well, when you say both cards are detected, where do you see this? At a first glance sounds like a driver issue where I would play around also with older nVidia drivers to see if this brings a change.
Is there any other components you see in the control panel as not detected? Especially the Chipset drivers?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from karim.ishmuratov : "SLI not found"

7664stefan

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
As usual please list all available hardware.

Well, when you say both cards are detected, where do you see this? At a first glance sounds like a driver issue where I would play around also with older nVidia drivers to see if this brings a change.
Is there any other components you see in the control panel as not detected? Especially the Chipset drivers?

Solution
Jan 14, 2019

I have a Asus Maximus IX Apex motherboard
I7 7700k at @ 4.7GHz
Do I need to list everything? Like PSU, cooler and such or is this enough?
Also I just ran a BIOS update to 1301 but it wasn’t working before aswell. I uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia graphica driver( at least I think I have)
They are detected in task manager, device manager and GeForce experience
I don’t have intel graphics drivers is that a problem?
Is there anything that you want me to send ?

7664stefan

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Please list all hardware as requested before Karim.

If you could provide some screenshots of what you see that would really be a great help.
The iGUP will not be linked to this topic. I was speaking about the chipset drivers e.g. steering PCIe controller and lanes allowing SLI end of the day.

Jan 14, 2019

i7 7700k
GTX 1080 FE x2
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000MHz
Asus Maximus IX Apex
Corsair H150i
4TB HHD Seagate
500GB Samsung EVO PRO 860
500GB WD Blue SSD
Corsair HX1000i PSU
That's it I think
I will be able to provide more detail this evening (UK time) at around 21:45, so if you could write exactly what you want me to send you that was would be great.

Jan 14, 2019

Everything works now I had to tweak the position of the cards but still thank you!

Jan 14, 2019

I had to look into the manual and look at which PCI e slots were x8 as SLI only supports x8 and up, not x4. I hade to move one of my graphics cards down a slot which allowed both cards to run at x8