Distinguished
May 20, 2009
here is my systems specs

Phenom II 450 3.0Ghz

4GB 1066MHz ddr2

2x 260 gtx sli

asrock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi motherboard

750W psu

i am not sure whats going on, i ran the far cry 2 benchmark all the settings maxed and i got a max of 60 frames and a min of 20 frames, i then took out one of the cards and ran the benchmark again and i had the same results, i have confirmed that both cards work and that my drivers are up to date, the only thing that might cause a problem but i don't think it would is both my 260s have different bios versions. my bios on my motherboard is also up to date. if anyone could help me resolve this issue that would be great, thanks in advance.

clean14

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
thats the strange part, the sli indicators do show but when i look at identical systems and compare it to my setup, my setup should be getting near 100 frames all the time on far cry 2, the sli indicators show something is happening as the bars go up and down at the same time but i dont get as much frames as i should and both 3d mark 06 and vantage give me low scores.

Oh really?
fc2wphysxcp.jpg

The key item in both of your questions is the number "60".

In the nVidia Control Panel, click "Manage 3D Settings", scroll down to the "Vertical Synch" Parameter.

Your vid card is most likely locked to the vertical refresh rate (60), a setting often used to eliminate image tearing in certain situations. This works well since you never need more than 60 FPS, so why allow them if there's a benefit to capping them?

Well, except if you are "benchmarking", as you are lol.

In any case, the parameter may be set by the program, or forced OFF or ON. Force it OFF and re-test.

Good point Batman!, I kinda assume everyone turns that off at install.

Sorry - please clarify: You have set "Force Off" in both Global and Program Settings? And you never get more than *exactly* 60 FPS . . . never 62 or more?

This setting will have nothing to do with your minimum frame rate - that will depend on other factors including your cpu.