SLI now Available on Intel 58 Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]x58 mobos have sli, this is nothing new unless they are taking about different motherboard...[/citation]

X58 motherboards from other manufacturers like Gigabyte and Asus can do SLI. However, Intel branded mobos (where its actually says Intel on the retail box), have not.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
When I can afford a true Intel board and it has adequate features, I jump on them. They usually boot twice as fast as most other boards and tend to be a little more stable. I have not bought a true Intel board in sometime as I didn't want to be crippled by not being able to go to sli if the situation had called for it. This is a big plus for them imho.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
the x58 part of it was interesting but what was more interesting to me was the wording of support for Core2 and the Phenom 2's. if they mean they will allow SLI without their Nvidia chipset that is significant. i am anxious to hear more details. AMD and Intel make far superior chip sets than Nvidia so we could see some really interesting comparisons down the road.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]ag3nt smith[/nom]Old news.[/citation]

maybe read it next time. this isnt about the initial x58 boards being certified for SLI by Nvidia. it goes quite a but further.

ubergeetar

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
Actually, folks, I just finished a query with the NVIDIA tech support. The article actually only means that each processor has SOME SORT of SLI support. Core2's, Quads, and Phenom2's thru nForce 700, 600, and etc, and Corei7's thru X58. Sorry, no P45/X48 SLI systems... :/

Here is the correspondent's reply:
Thank you for updating. The article just implied that Core 2 family also had SLI support but through nForce 7, nForce 6 and nForce 5 series chipset's. Hence, Intel x58 is the only chipset which support SLI feature.

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Matiuj
NVIDIA Customer Care

Sorry, Tom's, but thats it... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS