[SOLVED] Sli on Gigabyte z390 UD

Sep 26, 2021
Hello. Iam trying find some information if I can pair 2 gtx 780 in Sli on Gigabyte z390 UD. I know mobo support crossfire. But specification not saying anything about sli. Thanks In advance

Solution
Wooow. Thats very helpful. Thanks. But that is not a point. Iam using one gtx 780 on that motheboard. Have second, spare gtx 780 and I want use it. I wouldn't ask here. But I dont have 800watt psu yet, so I cant try by instaling it. The psu cost around 70£ and I want make sure its gonna work before I buy it. Its experiment. I want do that for my satisfaction only
Not going to work anyhow to run SLI you need both lanes to run at least X8 the 2nd lane on that board is a X4.

• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
    * For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
  • 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x4 (PCIEX4_1/PCIEX4_2)
  • 3 x...
Sep 26, 2021
Even if you can, software doesn't support SLI/Crossfire today.
Wooow. Thats very helpful. Thanks. But that is not a point. Iam using one gtx 780 on that motheboard. Have second, spare gtx 780 and I want use it. I wouldn't ask here. But I dont have 800watt psu yet, so I cant try by instaling it. The psu cost around 70£ and I want make sure its gonna work before I buy it. Its experiment. I want do that for my satisfaction only

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Not going to work anyhow to run SLI you need both lanes to run at least X8 the 2nd lane on that board is a X4.

• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
    * For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
  • 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x4 (PCIEX4_1/PCIEX4_2)
  • 3 x PCI Express x1 slots

Reactions: matszu30@g
Solution