[SOLVED] SLI only using first card please help

Mar 8, 2019
i recently bought a second gtx 980 to run in SLI, i hooked it up and tried to set it up. i enabled sli and started gaming. while gaming i looked at my second monitor to see how the 2 cards were holding up and noticed while the top one was at 100% load, the bottom one was ranging from 0-4% load. i tried multiple games and applications and benchmarks. nothing works. i've been looking everywhere for a solution, i've swaped the cards and i've reinstalled drivers. i can't find a way to fix it. my motherboard is sli capable so i have no clue as to what is wrong.
my system specs are as follows:

mobo- Asus z270 TUF Mark 2
cpu- i7 6700k
gpu- Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 x2
Ram- 16gb ddr4 2800 speed
psu-bronze 750w powersupply
hdd- 1tb 7200rpm hard drive
ssd- 120gb Kingston ssd

Solution
I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!
For anyone having the same issue, go to Nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings, SLI rendering mode. and select Force alternate frame rendering 2!!
Mar 8, 2019
time spy costs money first of all and ive tried lots of games, ive checked all to see if they are compatible with sli and almost all of them were.
ive also ran multiple benchmarks

Unigine valley/Superposition Benchmark should use both GPU's.

Can you download GPUZ and post screenshot both of GPU's?
Untitled.jpg

Down there where is blue highlighted area you can see/select to see both GPU's and if you can post screenshot of both.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
time spy costs money first of all and ive tried lots of games, ive checked all to see if they are compatible with sli and almost all of them were.
ive also ran multiple benchmarks

Timespy and firestrike have a free version, look for the Demo on Steam.

Do you only have the GPUs installed in your board or any other cards? What slots are they in? And do you have the link connected at the top as well?

i recently bought a second gtx 980 to run in SLI, i hooked it up and tried to set it up. i enabled sli and started gaming. while gaming i looked at my second monitor to see how the 2 cards were holding up and noticed while the top one was at 100% load, the bottom one was ranging from 0-4% load. i tried multiple games and applications and benchmarks. nothing works. i've been looking everywhere for a solution, i've swaped the cards and i've reinstalled drivers. i can't find a way to fix it. my motherboard is sli capable so i have no clue as to what is wrong.
my system specs are as follows:

mobo- Asus z270 TUF Mark 2
cpu- i7 6700k
gpu- Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 x2
Ram- 16gb ddr4 2800 speed
psu-bronze 750w powersupply
hdd- 1tb 7200rpm hard drive
ssd- 120gb Kingston ssd

SLi tends not to like running on more than monitor in my experience, have you tried running the SLi indicators to see if SLi is actually active?

Mar 8, 2019
Unigine valley/Superposition Benchmark should use both GPU's.

Can you download GPUZ and post screenshot both of GPU's?
Untitled.jpg

Down there where is blue highlighted area you can see/select to see both GPU's and if you can post screenshot of both.

i got superposition and its getting 1 card to 99% and the other stays at 0%...

Mar 8, 2019
I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!
For anyone having the same issue, go to Nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings, SLI rendering mode. and select Force alternate frame rendering 2!!

Solution
I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!
Those force settings are designed for games that don't have SLI profiles built in or by Nvidia. You might want to enable that setting in the specific game profiles section, as it may not work with that specific setting in several other games, which would work with the default setting.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Those force settings are designed for games that don't have SLI profiles built in or by Nvidia. You might want to enable that setting in the specific game profiles section, as it may not work with that specific setting in several other games, which would work with the default setting.

Good point. What game specifically were you trying, and did they have SLI profiles?