Question SLI these two cards?

christian_94

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
I currently have an asus 1070ti 8gb rog strix card which has a core clock of 1607 and a boost clock of 1759, it also has a memory clock of 8008.
I am looking at picking up a zotac 1070ti 8gb Mini which has a base clock of 1607 and a boost of 1683 and a memory clock of 8000.
Both cards have the same cuda cores and memory bus.
Will this be any noticeable difference?
I have an asrock z390 taichi motherboard also with an i9-9900k cpu and an evga supernova p2 750w 80+ platinum psu and 32gb of corsair ddr4 3000 RAM.

Like I said before, not many games support SLI, and even those which have support, do not scale well either. You need to decide. If GAMING is your only top priority, then, then investing in an SLI setup is not worth it, IMO.

If Gaming is not you main goal, then you can consider going for such a setup. Apart from that, your would be using 2 GPUs at a time, so more power consumption and heat as well, regardless of your PSU.

The power draw for an SLI setup is surely going to be more. SLI is kind of dead. Implementing SLI/CRFX requires a lot of coding, as well as resources/time. The game developers need to make sure that the game's engine is going to scale well.

christian_94

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Like I said before, not many games support SLI, and even those which have support, do not scale well either. You need to decide. If GAMING is your only top priority, then, then investing in an SLI setup is not worth it, IMO.

If Gaming is not you main goal, then you can consider going for such a setup. Apart from that, your would be using 2 GPUs at a time, so more power consumption and heat as well, regardless of your PSU.

The power draw for an SLI setup is surely going to be more.
If I was going to do 3D model designing using programs like AutoCAD and Catia would SLI cause any issues for that?