Slideshow created by Windows Media Center can not be played

Status
Not open for further replies.

thok794

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
Hello I have been trying to make a slideshow( a video with pictures while a song is played) with Windows Media Center. I managed to create the file and if I open Windows Media Center and find the file there is is played perfectly fine, but when I find the file inside my computer it does not open. The file is .wpl I tried converting it to .mp4 but then the screen is just blank and no music. I want to make it playable so I can save it to a USB stick and deliver it for projection. If anyone could help me fix this I would be gladfull or tell me any free programms with no limitations or watermarks will do just fine.
Thank you in advance.

Ralston18

Titan
What version of Windows are you running and what version of Windows Media Player do you have?

Here is a Microsoft link that should help you identify where the problem may be:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/316992/file-types-supported-by-windows-media-player

Another consideration is the file association. If you click/select the file "inside my computer" using File explorer there may not be any association set up that tells Windows that a clicked .wpl file extension should be opened with Windows Media Center.

Check the file associations - default may be some other format.

Status
Not open for further replies.