Question Slightly bent socket pins causing microstuttering?

Antisthenes

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
If a pc repair shop says it has fixed a few bent pins in the Intel cpu socket of my Asus motherboard, and the pc works when playing games, but the repaired pins are slightly bent, can this slight bending of the repaired pins cause microstuttering in games?

Antisthenes

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
I bent the pins, by accident. The repair shop fixed the pins, and said that the mobo “works fine” but also said that the pins are not 100% straight. It’s a Z790 with a 13900K, overclocked to 5.5, but I have mouse microstuttering in games like Hero Zero Dawn (max settings) so wonder if the repaired but slightly bent pins can cause this microstuttering.

I don’t have microstuttering when using the keyboard to move around in games, and (almost) no stuttering at all when using an Xbox controller. So is it likely that the slightly bent pins can be related to the mouse stuttering?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If a pc repair shop says it has fixed a few bent pins in the Intel cpu socket of my Asus motherboard, and the pc works when playing games, but the repaired pins are slightly bent, can this slight bending of the repaired pins cause microstuttering in games?

Very likely not. It's far more probable that something else is going on, but with no information about your PC, the history of the problem, diagnostics you've taken, or steps you've already tried to resolve the issue, it's hard to say anything more than that.

Antisthenes

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
My pc is brand new and I’m in the process of installing games on it. I tried playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, with max settings, and it has no mouse stuttering. But Horizon Zero Dawn and some other games have microstuttering when using the mouse. ROTR is a relatively demanding game (though not as graphically advanced as HZD), so is it not reasonable to assume that the mouse stuttering in other games than ROTR is not caused by the pins?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
My pc is brand new and I’m in the process of installing games on it. I tried playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, with max settings, and it has no mouse stuttering. But Horizon Zero Dawn and some other games have microstuttering when using the mouse. ROTR is a relatively demanding game (though not as graphically advanced as HZD), so is it not reasonable to assume that the mouse stuttering in other games than ROTR is not caused by the pins?

It's unlikely, because that would be highly unusual behavior (not impossible, but I've never seen it). Just because the bent pins are the one problem you've noticed does not mean that the cause isn't a problem or problems elsewhere.

And again, since you've withheld almost all information about the problem and your PC, it's hard to venture a guess what the problem is.