Slightly disappointed with PC performance.

Harry_03

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
Why are my games running really badly? My specs here:
i7 7700K
GTX 1050 TI EVGA SC
Ballistix Sport RAM 1/4 slots used 16 GB.
I'm disappointed at the performance I'm getting, I'm receiving 40-55 fps on medium settings with severe spikes on GTA and struggles with speed sometimes. What should I do to fix this? It's just a small problem I'm facing right now.

Solution
It doesn't matter what brand of GPU you have, you can use MSIAfterburner. In the software under Settings - Monitoring...you can choose things like Temps, Usage (CPU n GPU), Clock, FPS.... Give the software a try and share your findings.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

top of the line cpu

with a good but not great 1080p card

for decent gta performance with good settings you want at least a gtx 1060

you erred on the side of too much cpu not enough gpu

you need to turn off all advanced gpu settings on gta5, no AA, medium/high settings

He should be getting better performance than he is.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9ILzYvNjIyNjk4L29yaWdpbmFsL2d0YXYtZnIucG5n

Did you have a fresh install of Windows when you built the pc?
Are all gpu and motherboard drivers up to date?
What are your cpu & gpu temperatures while gaming?
What are your cpu & gpu usages while gaming.

Please answer all of the above. A program like MSIAfterburn will help you with this. We can then try and diagnose the problem.

However I agree from a pure gaming perspective your pc is unbalanced. Top end cpu with an entry level gpu, very one sided.

As I looked into the 1050ti in GTA V, multiple reviewers, GamersNexus Tomshardware...., lead me to believe you should be getting 60fps on ultra. So, check to make sure your CPU n GPU are running as should. As sizzling mentioned, use MSIAfterburner as your GPU software and look into the data that you can track like Clock Speed, % Usage, RAM Usage....

Harry_03

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

All my drivers are up to date.
My temps for my GPU are 29 Celsius and my CPU is 35 Celsius.
I don't know my usages.
Yes it's a fresh install of windows.

Harry_03

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

I'm using the 1050 TI as a placeholder until I can afford a GTX 1070 during Christmas. I actually can see how badly I'm being bottlenecked with the GPU and a beast CPU.

Harry_03

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

I have to reinstall GTA 5. Apparently steam's acting up, I'll get to doing that. Also my PSU is an EVGA Supernova 650+ Gold.

It doesn't matter what brand of GPU you have, you can use MSIAfterburner. In the software under Settings - Monitoring...you can choose things like Temps, Usage (CPU n GPU), Clock, FPS.... Give the software a try and share your findings.

Solution