Slightly frustrating MAMEWAH snapshot behaviour

I'm running Mamewah, and I've got Windows running through the TV-out on my
Radeon 9250.

One thing I noticed, running on the TV versus the monitor. Any of the
snapshots that are not 8-bit colour refuse to display in the little
Mamewah screenshot window.

The TV is running 8-bit, obviously, but it would still be nice if Mamewah
did the right thing, rather than me having to go through all 15000
snapshots and make sure they're 8-bit. Has anyone else even noticed this,
let alone found a workaround?

On the monitor, everything displays fine with Mamewah, so it's just the
colour depth issue, it's not a problem with the files themselves... and
yes, I've unzipped them.

--
Michael Coyne
http://turthalion.blogspot.com

Michael Coyne <coyneAT@mtsDOT.net> wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled meyhem

> I'm running Mamewah, and I've got Windows running through the TV-out
> on my Radeon 9250.
>
> One thing I noticed, running on the TV versus the monitor. Any of the
> snapshots that are not 8-bit colour refuse to display in the little
> Mamewah screenshot window.
>
> The TV is running 8-bit, obviously, but it would still be nice if
> Mamewah did the right thing, rather than me having to go through all
> 15000 snapshots and make sure they're 8-bit. Has anyone else even
> noticed this, let alone found a workaround?
>
> On the monitor, everything displays fine with Mamewah, so it's just
> the colour depth issue, it's not a problem with the files
> themselves... and yes, I've unzipped them.

So? your moaning that your 8bit drivers cant display anything greater
than 8bit images??

If its really that much of a bother, why not use paintshit pros batch
processing & run through every image & convert to 8bit?

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:09:45 +0000, El Rossi said to the parser:

> So? your moaning that your 8bit drivers cant display anything greater than
> 8bit images??
>
> If its really that much of a bother, why not use paintshit pros batch
> processing & run through every image & convert to 8bit?

Well, I'm really just moaning that Mamewah and/or the drivers can't dither
them down and display them.

I think I'll end up running them through a batch convert on the Linux box
though.

--

Michael Cone wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:09:45 +0000, El Rossi said to the parser:
>

>>So? your moaning that your 8bit drivers cant display anything greater than
>>8bit images??
>>
>>If its really that much of a bother, why not use paintshit pros batch
>>processing & run through every image & convert to 8bit?
>

> Well, I'm really just moaning that Mamewah and/or the drivers can't dither
> them down and display them.
>
> I think I'll end up running them through a batch convert on the Linux box
> though.

This may be a long shot, but maybe they are being displayed on an
overlay, may not show up on your TV.

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad