slipstream CD

can I slipstream the reinstallation CD (XP Pro SP1a)

ta
dj

David

Yes...I used "autostreamer" (do a web search)
which is a free slipstream software.
I used my dell xp pro sp1a and the downloaded sp2 file
to create an iso file (image file) that when burned to cd
IS xp pro SP2. Very nice having it this way.
No extra time to install as apposed to having to install
sp2 after installation.
Autostreamer is VERY easy to use. You just need to know
how to burn an iso (image) file to cd..which is easy.
Best wishes
Dave

"Chuckles The Scary Clown" <chuckles@thebigtop.net> wrote in message

> "A Supporter" <STS@FBCbtinternet.com> wrote in message
>> can I slipstream the reinstallation CD (XP Pro SP1a)
>>
>> ta
>> dj
> http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1626

thanks, I also found this which covers the exact job

http://vbdotnet.home.comcast.net/XP_SP2.htm

Heck, it's not the OS and service packs causing the problem. If you ever have
to wipe a hard drive clean and reload Windows 2000 or XP, after latest service
pack is installed, there are at least 4 more stinking reboots (I did not keep
exact count) to install all the critical fixes, security patches, band-aids,
bubble gum, and rubber bands. What a time waster! Oh, yeah! And delete a
couple hundred megs of useless files downloaded, followed by a defrag.

Where are Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2000 SP5 already, with a rollup of all this
gunk? ... Ben Myers

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) writes:

>Where are Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2000 SP5 already, with a rollup of
>all this gunk? ... Ben Myers

XPSP3: somewhere in the pipeline but (my guess) not until late 2006 at
the earliest.

W2KSP5: will never exist, per Microsoft's stated plans. (usual caveats
about MS announcements assumed)

Joe Morris