My xp SP2 has been presenting "explorer.exe generated errors...." page,
together with a malfunctioning Dr Watson, since I removed the
netscape/wildtangent component from firefox.

I'd like to make a slipstream copy before reinstalling windows because there
is no choice to repair.

Is it alright to make slipstream copy while system has errors running?

Ana

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:ujRnPmWRFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
AnnAnne <AnnAnne@eurescofaked.com> had this to say:

> My xp SP2 has been presenting "explorer.exe generated errors...."
> page, together with a malfunctioning Dr Watson, since I removed the
> netscape/wildtangent component from firefox.
>
> I'd like to make a slipstream copy before reinstalling windows
> because there is no choice to repair.
>
> Is it alright to make slipstream copy while system has errors running?
>
> Ana

I wouldn't recommend it. Too risky of making a faulty copy but if you really
want to then go ahead. However, if you'd like you can get SP2 from Microsoft
on CD:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

(It's free though there may be a shipping charge in some parts of the
world.)

Galen

"Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:OcGXK2XRFHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> In news:ujRnPmWRFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> AnnAnne <AnnAnne@eurescofaked.com> had this to say:

>> My xp SP2 has been presenting "explorer.exe generated errors...."
>> page, together with a malfunctioning Dr Watson, since I removed the
>> netscape/wildtangent component from firefox.
>>
>> I'd like to make a slipstream copy before reinstalling windows
>> because there is no choice to repair.
>>
>> Is it alright to make slipstream copy while system has errors running?
>>
>> Ana
>
> I wouldn't recommend it. Too risky of making a faulty copy but if you
> really want to then go ahead. However, if you'd like you can get SP2 from
> Microsoft on CD:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx
>
> (It's free though there may be a shipping charge in some parts of the
> world.)
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

I have downloaded SP2 files..what do I do from here?

this may help:http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=284

In news:%23xY86GYRFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
AnnAnne <AnnAnne@eurescofaked.com> had this to say:

> I have downloaded SP2 files..what do I do from here?

There you will find a bunch of information including slipstreaming links on
how to do it.

Galen

forget exactly where I found this, but I made a shortcut...
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" /rereg
Because there is no IE uninstall in add/remove with the option to repair IE
which is occasionally needed.