Slipstream XP/ SP2

Deleted member k

Used AutoStreamer and burned CD. Used CD to clean install XP Pro w/SP2.
Tried SFC /SCANNOW and get the loop telling me to insert XP SP2 CD, Retry,
Retry, Retry... What's up with that?

Your "Installation Path" can be reset.
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\...

..Windows\Current Version\Setup:
Service Source Path

..Windows\Current Version\Setup:
Source Path

..WindowsNT\Current Version -
Source Path

change them to the directory with the XP Files

For Pro Edition: GPEDIT.MSC Local Comp. Policy/Comp. Config/Admin. Templates/System "Specify Windows Installation file location"
(some report needing to press "r" for 'retry', quite a few times)

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"K" <name@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uNBVVdCLFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Used AutoStreamer and burned CD. Used CD to clean install XP Pro w/SP2.
> Tried SFC /SCANNOW and get the loop telling me to insert XP SP2 CD, Retry,
> Retry, Retry... What's up with that?

Deleted member k

Thanks Mark but I'm not sure which path to enter. Can you give me an
example? What is the path on your setup? Using search I found numerous paths
in C: for SP2. e.g. SP2.cab = C:\windows\driver cache\i386

"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Your "Installation Path" can be reset.
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\...
>
> .Windows\Current Version\Setup:
> Service Source Path
>
> .Windows\Current Version\Setup:
> Source Path
>
> .WindowsNT\Current Version -
> Source Path
>
> change them to the directory with the XP Files
>
> For Pro Edition: GPEDIT.MSC Local Comp. Policy/Comp. Config/Admin.
> Templates/System "Specify Windows Installation file location" (some report
> needing to press "r" for 'retry', quite a few times)
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> marfers notes for windows xp
> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> .
> "K" <name@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Used AutoStreamer and burned CD. Used CD to clean install XP Pro w/SP2.
>> Tried SFC /SCANNOW and get the loop telling me to insert XP SP2 CD,
>> Retry,
>> Retry, Retry... What's up with that?

peter

This link gives a good explanation and "the cure"
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"K" <name@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Used AutoStreamer and burned CD. Used CD to clean install XP Pro w/SP2.
> Tried SFC /SCANNOW and get the loop telling me to insert XP SP2 CD, Retry,
> Retry, Retry... What's up with that?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup]

"SourcePath"="D:\\"
"ServicePackSourcePath"="c:\\windows\\ServicePackFiles"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]
"
"SourcePath"="D:\\"

I installed from my cd drive "D:", and downloaded sp2 from autoupdate