Slipstreaming software windows 8

mark_666

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hi there, anyone know how to get a sil3132 SataController driver from Silicon Image to play nice with Windows 8?
Tried Silicon Image support page which turns out to be no help at all!
Cannot go to the motherboard support site cos they went bust!! (Abit)
I ran the compatiblity program from microsoft and somehow missed this little fly in the oinment before i bought Windows 8 upgrade last night.. I really should learn NOT to adopt early :non:

Check Windows Update first since the manufacturer of the chip was no help, and the site of the motherboard no longer exists. Failing that, must... resist... urge... to... try checking a third party site like DriverGuide for one that might work under Windows 8... there I said it. I feel dirty now, must go take a long shower.

This reminds me of issues I had with a sil3124-based card under the preview version of Windows 8. Officially I'd guess you'd have to wait until if and when Silicon Image updates their drivers for Windows 8. The only way I resolved the issue was to remove the card in question and RMA the ASUS motherboard which had the faulty SATA ports.

mark_666

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Unfortunately this is a base driver for the motherboard in question (Abit in9 32 max)
So without this base Sata Controller the OS will not run
Abit is now defunct, so i guess other than waiting for Silicon Image to provide support which they may not considering its a bit old now. i would need to junk the motherboard and be careful about finding a replacement with support for INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 775 socket + Corsair DOMINATOR 8GB PC8500 DDR2 1066 as a cheap upgrade route.