Slipstreaming SP1 Question.

Hi, I know I should wait for SP2 to come out but a friend asked me slipstream
the SP1 with his copy of Win XP Pro.

When I execute the following - 'xpsp1.exe -x" normally it should check it's
integrity and then ask me where I want to extract it. BUT it just checks the
integrity and extracts it automatically to 'c'.

Naturally I want to extract it to the folder I need to. But cannot do it as it
extracts it each time to c. Please let me know what to do. Thanks.

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:20:30 +0400, RayOfLight <RayOfLight@intnet.mu>
wrote:

| Hi, I know I should wait for SP2 to come out but a friend asked me slipstream
| the SP1 with his copy of Win XP Pro.
|
| When I execute the following - 'xpsp1.exe -x" normally it should check it's
| integrity and then ask me where I want to extract it. BUT it just checks the
| integrity and extracts it automatically to 'c'.
|
| Naturally I want to extract it to the folder I need to. But cannot do it as it
| extracts it each time to c. Please let me know what to do. Thanks.

Go here if you're using Easy CD Creator

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?id=157&object=article.cfm

and choose your version at the top of the page.

Or go here if you're using Nero:

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=160

Again, choose your version at the top of the page.

These are the best guides I've found.

Good luck!

Larc

Stephen

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:20:30 +0400, RayOfLight <RayOfLight@intnet.mu> tortured
a bunch of electrons for some unknown reason:

>Hi, I know I should wait for SP2 to come out but a friend asked me slipstream
>the SP1 with his copy of Win XP Pro.
>
>When I execute the following - 'xpsp1.exe -x" normally it should check it's
>integrity and then ask me where I want to extract it. BUT it just checks the
>integrity and extracts it automatically to 'c'.
>
>Naturally I want to extract it to the folder I need to. But cannot do it as it
>extracts it each time to c. Please let me know what to do. Thanks.

An automated way is to use XPCREATE from
http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/XPCREATE/

Stephen

Thanks guys for the help. It's a more easy way to make a slipstream XP CD.

Cheers.