Question SLOBS/OBS Losing FPS

fowyn

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
www.twitch.tv
Hello!

I have this stupid issue with SLOBS/OBS where it's impossible to stream anymore.

Issue's started about 3 days ago 04/22/2019, when i tab out of the game, i get a stable 60FPS, but when focus the game (go back in-game) it drops to 7FPS, i tried to contact Streamlabs via twitter but they also don't seem to know the issue.

Nothing during this time was installed, i will also add that i have done a complete WIN10 OS install, still same issue.

I tried bassicly everything people told me to do.

- Set Priority

- Set Affinity

- V-sync (frame limit to 60/cap at 60)

- New drivers and old driver installed

- update all system drivers

- Run as Admin

- Playing around with SLOBS/OBS settings, tried it all, same result

- Removing Sources and Scenes

Last option was to try Xsplit and see if i had the same issue.

But nope all issue's are gone when i stream with Xsplit, stable 55-60 fps in AC oddysey on Very High.

So i am thinking SLOBS/OBS is the problem, sinds Xsplit works fine and to be honest even better than SLOBS/OBS.

I stream for my hobby, sinds i love streaming and talking with friends/viewers at the same time.

If you got some info please let me know

PC specs:

CPU: i7-8700k

GPU: GTX 1080

RAM: 16GB 3000MHZ

HDD: x2 M.2 SSD's / x1 Normal SSD

I like to add that CPU and GPU are watercooled so temps on full are 37-42 for the CPU and 40-48 for GPU.

fowyn

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
www.twitch.tv
Found the issue, it was ray tracing from the latest NVIDIA Driver, so i downgraded to version 399.24, which has no ray tracing enabled, and everything is fixed.
Stable 60 FPS not dropping frames anymore.