[SOLVED] Sloshing sound from AIO, should I be worried?

mrdudu10

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
Hi all,

So I have an Enermax Liqmax II 120s AIO and it's not exactly new, almost four years old now. A few days ago I went to pick something up and heard a sloshing sound from my PC, quite quiet overall. I don't know how long the cooler has been doing this and whether it is anything to worry about, but after hearing the 'Enermax gunk' issues with other models, I am a little concerned. Is this anything to worry about? The below link is a recording taken from right next to the cooler where the sound can be heard (the background noise is just the case fans). Sound can be heard around the 5 second mark. I should note that it is intermittent, happening maybe once every two minutes, and cooling operation is fine. My Core i7 6700K never goes above 70 degrees Celsius on full load, so cooling seems OK.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QVMCyCEw24U1PJdwdoylYyxw9XdkyqvK/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance

Solution
I wouldn't worry much if temps are still good, Ideally you want to hoses on the rad to be on the bottom and the tank up on top so the air wont be in the pump if the rad is mounted on the back of the case, and the pump is lowest thing in the loop. I have the original Corsair h100 I bought around 2012, and its still going, cooling my brothers i7 9700k right now, It as well makes a bit of a bubbly sound for a sec or 2 when its first powered on and clears up, it does this nearly everytime.
I wouldn't worry much if temps are still good, Ideally you want to hoses on the rad to be on the bottom and the tank up on top so the air wont be in the pump if the rad is mounted on the back of the case, and the pump is lowest thing in the loop. I have the original Corsair h100 I bought around 2012, and its still going, cooling my brothers i7 9700k right now, It as well makes a bit of a bubbly sound for a sec or 2 when its first powered on and clears up, it does this nearly everytime.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS