[SOLVED] slot on motherboard

May 25, 2020
h61mxve motherboard lga 1155
the second ram slot has a problem, ram is readable if i unplug the cpu fan or i loosen the cpu fan (but the cpu can be burnt, that useless)
what is the problem?
is it possible to fix it? how?

and it needs about 3 seconds to turn on after i press power button

thank you

Solution
About the only way the fan could be a factor in the memory not working is if the power supply is failing and cannot supply enough power for both the memory and the fan to operate, unless something has failed to the point where it is directly shorted across traces on the motherboard. Or, if there are bent pins on the CPU. Or, if the CPU cooler is not evenly tightened all the way around AND isn't OVERLY tightened, because both of those things can have an effect on memory and other crucial systems in a similar way to how they can behave when there is a bent pin on the motherboard. If those are all good, then I'd probably look with some stink eye at the power supply.

I'm guess this has a very old, cheap, OEM style or generic PSU and is...
About the only way the fan could be a factor in the memory not working is if the power supply is failing and cannot supply enough power for both the memory and the fan to operate, unless something has failed to the point where it is directly shorted across traces on the motherboard. Or, if there are bent pins on the CPU. Or, if the CPU cooler is not evenly tightened all the way around AND isn't OVERLY tightened, because both of those things can have an effect on memory and other crucial systems in a similar way to how they can behave when there is a bent pin on the motherboard. If those are all good, then I'd probably look with some stink eye at the power supply.

I'm guess this has a very old, cheap, OEM style or generic PSU and is likely long past it's useful life.

Knowing the model and approximate age of the power supply would be helpful.

Solution