Slots. Need help.

JohnnyS

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Hi,

I just bought a MSI H61M-P23 mobo and It only have 1 x16 slots. I put my graphics card in it, my old one since my motherboard doesnt have on board graphics card. Since the graphic card already took that one slot, my wireless card doesnt have any slot to plug in to. Is there any way that I can use i5 2400 graphics card so I can plug in my wirelss card? I thought it has a built in HD 2000 or something? Best bet is to buy PCIE x1 wireless card, but its christmas and every store is closed. Here's my mobo http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0359807.
Thanks,

JohnnyS

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I have a linksys Wireless-G WMP54G. It says on the site that it doesnt have on board graphic chipset so i was hoping to use my i5-2400 graphics.
Like I said there's only 1 PCiE x16 slot so if I can put my wireless card there and take out my graphics card, will the i5-2400 graphics take care of it?

you cannot put a PCI card into a PCIe slot, it will not work.

PCI is a parallel bus system.
PCIe is a serial bus system.

the link you provided shows a motherboard that has a Serial port on the left and a VGA port on the right below the Parallel port

TRENDING THREADS