Question Slow connection help

Apr 16, 2019
So i'm having really slow connection problems and i think its because i have had this exact same internet service for around 6 years and i don't remember the details about it but i'm almost convinced that it's really outdated.However I am not 100% sure about that so can you guys suggest some other reasons why my internet connection could be so slow ( don't just suggest providers because I live in italy and you probably dont so yeah) ?

Last edited:
Since you didn't mention, I have to ask, is this latency all of sudden, or has it been slow for a long time?
If its the former, a few things to check would be recently installed applications or possibly unnoticed malware. To check what programs/apps are using bandwidth, from an elevated command, you can use netstat -a. This will show you all active TCP or UDP connections. To check for and eliminate possible malware, use Malwarebytes (free version is good, but obviously the paid-for version offers more tools).
If the problem has been happening for a long time, consider the possibility that the connection in question may just be slower than other places you frequent. In other words, you may have a low-speed connection, whereas the local coffee shop could have high-speed. You might also do a tracert -d to a sight you frequent. Trace Route will show you all hops along the way to the destination. This can pinpoint where you're connections are lagging.

If we're talking about WiFi, it is possible that you've recently introduced appliances that are interfering with the signal. Common appliances are phones, microwaves, refrigerators. Also, with today's tech, some appliances are now network-capable, and such appliances can be hoarding your bandwidth. WiFi analyzers can help with this.

Apr 16, 2019
Yeah, forgot to mention it... its always been kinda slow but lately its just so bad an online game (Apex Legends for example) gives me 4/5 seconds before freezing then going back to normal for 0.5/1 second and freezing again.I'm also sure its not the hardware of my pc because its 100% capable of all im doing on
it.The possibility of a malware is there so im gonna check but its not like its never been pretty bad . by the way im connected via ethernet cable directly to the modem router combo which is connected directly to the phone line jack in the wall.The main problem for me though is that i can only connect by adsl since any type of fiber connection for me is impossible since i don't live in a
big city so i don't have support for that.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS