[SOLVED] Slow boot after overclocking attempt

Lima0-1

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Hi, so I tried to overclock my Ryzen 5 1500X to 3.8GHz using Ryzen Master, when I applied and restarted my computer, I noticed it took a significantly long time to boot. It would normally take less than a minute but this took much longer. Meanwhile my screen would be blank, my keyboard lights up but not my mouse. I forced shutdown my PC and started it up again, it took more than 5 minutes just to display the BIOS screen. I went into BIOS and disabled game boost and went into Ryzen Master and I reset everything to default values. Before this I was running at 3.7GHz on default so the now it was set to 3.6GHz. I restarted and also the same thing happened, more than 5 minutes went past before the BIOS splash screen appeared.

I've tried clearing CMOS through the coin battery removal, but it doesn't seem to reset my BIOS for some reason. Before this, I've tried overclocking twice before this, both times this problem did not happen. My build is as listed below.

Ryzen 5 1500X with stock cooler
MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic
Crucial 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 x2
Zotac GTX 1070 Ti Mini
Samsung 500GB 850EVO(Boot and drive)
WD Blue 500GB(Media storage)
WD Green 3TB(Media storage)
FSP Hyper K 600W

Solution
Doesn't "Game Boost" just disable half your CPU cores?

Anyway, I can only think to update the BIOS if possible. I believe the last one was about a MONTH ago and is this version: 7A34vHF

I doubt this will help but disconnect your STORAGE drives until you get a fast boot to BIOS.

If you figure it out you should also run a full pass of MEMTEST86 (and also after any DDR4 or CPU changes). www.memtest86.com
Doesn't "Game Boost" just disable half your CPU cores?

Anyway, I can only think to update the BIOS if possible. I believe the last one was about a MONTH ago and is this version: 7A34vHF

I doubt this will help but disconnect your STORAGE drives until you get a fast boot to BIOS.

If you figure it out you should also run a full pass of MEMTEST86 (and also after any DDR4 or CPU changes). www.memtest86.com

Solution

Lima0-1

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017

Appreciate the reply, turns out resetting BIOS was the solution. I had to go and reset everything to default in BIOS. As for the game boost part, i'm not entirely sure what it exactly does other than boosting by 100mhz or something along that line. Thanks again for taking time to reply.