slow boot at bios

souder10

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
i recently built a i7 gaming computer, My motherboard is the Asrock z77 extreme 4 with 120gb ssd and 3 other hard drives with my programs on it but my bios boot is very slow almost 30 seconds and i dont know why i have tried reading other forums and i cant figure anything out, im up to date on my bios too

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Do you have the latest BIOS and the latest drivers, with 4 drives it will take a bit longer than a single or dual drive system as each drive has to be polled and checked, might turn off SMART status, and might go into MSCONFIG>BOOT>ADVANCED and change the boot core count to 4, by default Win sets it to 1

souder10

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

i messed around with the inside of my computer and there is a data cable going from my msi h100i water block on my CPU going to the motherboard for the program in windows 7 for temperature, i disconnected the cable and that made POST time quicker for the bios it now takes less than 7 seconds, and i am all up to date on bios drivers also

souder10

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

We are talking about the bios here, not a overheating CPU, i have liquid cooling and advanced equipment on mine