Jun 25, 2019
Hello everyone. I have recently built my own pc, which ive done a decent amount of times now, and im having some minor issues. Ive already installed the OS and all components seem to be working as they should. The issue im having is when i boot my pc, it hangs at a black screen for an average of 25seconds before POST. After that, it loads into windows fast as hell with no issues whatsoever. Ive tried everything from every forum i can find that has anything related to this issue and still no luck. It’ll probably be easier to tell you everything I haven’t tried vs. everything i have tried lol.
Any and all help and tips are very much appreciated!
My specs are as follows:
-Intel i5 7600k
-Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mobo
-addlink s70 m.2 nvme ssd
-EVGA AIO CLC 240x2
-EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
-EVGA SuperSC 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200

Thank you so so much in advance!! 🤙🏻🙃

hildebranddj

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Turn on monitor first let it connect then start the computer. If I turn my computer on first then my monitor I get a delay before the post screen. But if I turn on tbe Monitor let it start looking for a connection then hit the power button my post screen usually pops right up. It's done it to me thru my last 3 GPUs. It's fairly normal.

We are just to the point where our drives are so fast but our hardware still wants to find it's output connection before officially syncing up and taking off.

Jun 25, 2019
This would make sense if I hadn’t already had the pc screen on every time ive powered on my pc. And tbh, I literally just gutted my old build which was an amd fx 8350 with a samsung 850 pro sata ssd and that was only a good 6 seconds max before the screen registers the pc being powered on, so with updated hardware this should at least be the same speed

Jun 25, 2019
I have enabled and disabled csm, turned on and off the fast boot option in bios, turned off hibernate and fast boot option in OS, re-flashed bios, tried reseating ram and using only one stick all to no avail. This is also a fresh install of windows 10 and a fresh build in general. Ive never had this issue before so im very confused. The only things different about this build are my evga ram as ive never used evga brand ram before and the nvme m.2 ssd which ive also never used before.