RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015
Good morning guys,

having a weird issue with my initial boot, i have quite a high end PC (ill list specs below) and i recently used the Samsung Migration tool to migrate my OS drive (basically just my OS and a few programs) over to from a Kingston SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO. Ever since this change, when i reboot my PC it doesnt reboot, my monitor goes black but all RGB inside computer case (RAM, Water Cooler) stays lit. My peripherals go black as if the pc is off.

I also notice when shutting down the PC that when i initially turn it on it takes around 10 seconds before my keyboard lights and the bios screen shows sometimes showing an error saying the computer was unable to boot from the previous reboot.

I think this is almost definitely something to do with the BIOS but any suggestions would be helpful!

Specs:
i7 8th gen
32GB DDR4 RAM
Asrock z370 pro4
Samsung 870EVO
Kingston SSD
GTX 1070TI

Thanks,
Ryan

Solution
What cloning tool did yo use? I didn't think there were any that could reliably clone from a sata drive to an NVME. That usually needs to have a fresh Windows installed with all other drives disconnected.

RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015
What cloning tool did yo use? I didn't think there were any that could reliably clone from a sata drive to an NVME. That usually needs to have a fresh Windows installed with all other drives disconnected.

Thanks for your reply, I managed to find out what had happened. For some reason when i used Samsungs own migration tool, it didnt copy over all Windows Partitions.. DOH!

Not great software from Samsung but im glad its resolved. Fresh install did it.