Question Slow Boot/Restart + Chrome white screen + BackUP Hard Drive issues Could it be memory??

spickle81

Prominent
May 1, 2021
I built this PC in 2018. Upgraded Graphics card this year.

Specs are
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2nd Gen - RYZEN 5 2600
MB: Bios version 4301 ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
MEM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
PS: CORSAIR TX-M Series TX750M
Graphics: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB Hybrid Gaming
SSD HD: Windows 10 Team Group L5 3D 2.5" 240GB SATA III
SSD HD: Games Crucial BX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA
Mechanical HD: Back Up Seagate 1GB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My issues started happening today. I notice on boot up the loading screen which shows republic of games logo just sets there for 3-5 minutes with the text options to enter UEFI/BIOS. If I do press delete to go into UEFI/BIOS nothing happens for 30-60seconds then it will load the UEFI. If I do not press anything after a few minutes it will start the little circle loading screen then proceed into windows.

I have a total of three hard drives installed on this PC as listed above I noticed the Mechanical Hard Drive when I try to open a folder it delays about 10-15seconds then it will open the folder. The other two hard drives open up as soon as I click on them. I tried to run a Check Disk through the property options on the mechanical hard rive it wouldn't let me to the scan disk. But would allow me to do scan disk and repair option. I am currently running it while I post this.

I am wondering if it could be the mechanical Hard Drive is failing, and when booting up my PC it is checking the Hard drives and there is a delay on the mechanical hard drive so its waiting for it to respond before loading windows???

The second issue is my Google Chrome when I load it for the first time after booting up the whole windows is WHITE I can close it out if I put my pointer in the top right where the x is located but I can not see it. I can move the window around as well I just cant see any graphics in the window. I have to let it set there for a few minutes before it loads the browser. This started happening today as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled google chrome and it still does it. Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing when I open Chrome
pWFO4Be.jpeg

I wasn't sure if Ram issues could be causing this?? Overall my PC seems slower than it was yesterday. I am not sure what programs I could run to diagnose or if there is such a program that's trustworthy to do that.

If anyone can point me into a direction to start that would be great.

Last edited:
I built this PC in 2018. Upgraded Graphics card this year.

Specs are
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2nd Gen - RYZEN 5 2600
MB: Bios version 4301 ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
MEM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
PS: CORSAIR TX-M Series TX750M
Graphics: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB Hybrid Gaming
SSD HD: Windows 10 Team Group L5 3D 2.5" 240GB SATA III
SSD HD: Games Crucial BX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA
Mechanical HD: Back Up Seagate 1GB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My issues started happening today. I notice on boot up the loading screen which shows republic of games logo just sets there for 3-5 minutes with the text options to enter UEFI/BIOS. If I do press delete to go into UEFI/BIOS nothing happens for 30-60seconds then it will load the UEFI. If I do not press anything after a few minutes it will start the little circle loading screen then proceed into windows.

I have a total of three hard drives installed on this PC as listed above I noticed the Mechanical Hard Drive when I try to open a folder it delays about 10-15seconds then it will open the folder. The other two hard drives open up as soon as I click on them. I tried to run a Check Disk through the property options on the mechanical hard rive it wouldn't let me to the scan disk. But would allow me to do scan disk and repair option. I am currently running it while I post this.

I am wondering if it could be the mechanical Hard Drive is failing, and when booting up my PC it is checking the Hard drives and there is a delay on the mechanical hard drive so its waiting for it to respond before loading windows???

The second issue is my Google Chrome when I load it for the first time after booting up the whole windows is WHITE I can close it out if I put my pointer in the top right where the x is located but I can not see it. I can move the window around as well I just cant see any graphics in the window. I have to let it set there for a few minutes before it loads the browser. This started happening today as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled google chrome and it still does it. Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing when I open Chrome
pWFO4Be.jpeg

I wasn't sure if Ram issues could be causing this?? Overall my PC seems slower than it was yesterday. I am not sure what programs I could run to diagnose or if there is such a program that's trustworthy to do that.

If anyone can point me into a direction to start that would be great.
Unplug the hdd and see if the symptoms change.