Slow boot time with new ram, help plz

AMR91

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Hi,
I have recently upgraded my machine with a new gfx card, cpu and additional RAM.
All went smoothly during the installation process and i was happy with the outcome... I noticed i had an issue when i booted up for the first time but i assumed it was due to the hardware changes, although as i rebooted a few more times that didn't appear to be the case.

The issue that i am facing is an incredibly slow boot time when ram is installed in the secondary dimms, i have used the same ram that was in the machine from the initial build, same model same base timings and same voltage.

I have swapped the ram around from dimm to dimm to ensure the new set wasnt faulty and as far as i can tell the issue stems from the secondary dimm slots.

Components as follows...
- 2x 2x4gb corsair vengeance ddr3 2400mhz 1.65v 11-13-13-31 (16gb total)
- Asus p8z77-v LX mobo

My boot time has gone from around 20sec from 250gb samsung ssd to around 5 minutes.

I have since removed the ram from secondary dimms to stop this but ideally i want them to remain.
Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks

AMR91

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Driver sweeper seems to have cured this boot issue and now i have installed the extra 8gb with 0 issues.
Driver sweeper removed all nvidia drivers (same can be done for amd or intel) and once reinstalled i was issue free.

TRENDING THREADS