[SOLVED] Slow boot time

Oct 15, 2019
Hello.

First of all, I'm not sure if I'm in the right section, so if I'm not, I do apologize.

Now, since I did my upgrade I have noticed very slow boot speeds, task manager says my BIOS time is about 30 seconds.

Here is a speccy list of my hardware. Don't pay attention to the CPU temps, for some reason this one is in Fahrenheit while it does say Celsius, all other monitoring apps give the correct temp.
And also, the ram is not displayed properly here, so here is a link to which one I have. RAM
Oh and I don't recall which PSU I have, I do know it's 750 W, but it's a fairly old one, about 8 years old. That might be a problem there?

QLtDtLL.png

What I have currently tried:
  • Updating BIOS
  • Updating SSD driver
  • Changing around the RAM config in BIOS (for some reason when it's set to auto it only uses 2133MHz, while as far as I know, it can run 3000.
I'm not sure what I could do.

Solution
Yep, PSU and SSD are the oldest parts in the build, and also the next ones to be replaced. But it still works and that's mainly why I haven't upgraded yet.
Well you can, but this problem will become more frequent
You can still use older SSD and HDD for backup storage
For psu you can always sell it
Hello.

First of all, I'm not sure if I'm in the right section, so if I'm not, I do apologize.

Now, since I did my upgrade I have noticed very slow boot speeds, task manager says my BIOS time is about 30 seconds.

Here is a speccy list of my hardware. Don't pay attention to the CPU temps, for some reason this one is in Fahrenheit while it does say Celsius, all other monitoring apps give the correct temp.
And also, the ram is not displayed properly here, so here is a link to which one I have. RAM
Oh and I don't recall which PSU I have, I do know it's 750 W, but it's a fairly old one, about 8 years old. That might be a problem there?

QLtDtLL.png

What I have currently tried:
  • Updating BIOS
  • Updating SSD driver
  • Changing around the RAM config in BIOS (for some reason when it's set to auto it only uses 2133MHz, while as far as I know, it can run 3000.
I'm not sure what I could do.
For more and more accurate data use HWinfo https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ and CPU-Z.,
Does it blink and look like it's trying to BOOT twice when doing cold start ? That may be so called "Memory training", trying to set memory to right settings. Check manual to see if you have RAM in right slots and set XMP.

Oct 15, 2019
@CountMike
I haven't noticed the blinking, although my keyboard does light up, then for a few seconds the lights go off again and then back on.
Here are my hwinfo and cpu-z files, I haven't used these programs yet so I hope I got enough information for you.
I will try the XMP and will also check out the manual.
CPU-Z
HWInfo

@Zoel.fahmi
I have had this problem with a fresh install as well, so startup programs aren't the case.
A broken SSD could be possible however before my upgrade (I upgraded my motherboard, ram and CPU), I had no problems at all.

Zoel.fahmi

Upstanding
Dec 27, 2019
@CountMike
I haven't noticed the blinking, although my keyboard does light up, then for a few seconds the lights go off again and then back on.
Here are my hwinfo and cpu-z files, I haven't used these programs yet so I hope I got enough information for you.
I will try the XMP and will also check out the manual.
CPU-Z
HWInfo

@Zoel.fahmi
I have had this problem with a fresh install as well, so startup programs aren't the case.
A broken SSD could be possible however before my upgrade (I upgraded my motherboard, ram and CPU), I had no problems at all.
reset your bios to default setting especially xmp for RAM
If that still persist buy new SSD
Keep the current SSD as backup storage or sell it

Oct 15, 2019
reset your bios to default setting especially xmp for RAM
If that still persist buy new SSD
Keep the current SSD as backup storage or sell it
I enabled XMP and actually enabled UEFI boot instead of CSM, don't know why it was on CSM...
But this halved the boot time. So now it's about 15 seconds, I'm not sure if this is the optimal speed that this build should be able to do, but that might have to do with the SSD being slightly outdated (about 6 years, forgot to mention).

Zoel.fahmi

Upstanding
Dec 27, 2019
I enabled XMP and actually enabled UEFI boot instead of CSM, don't know why it was on CSM...
But this halved the boot time. So now it's about 15 seconds, I'm not sure if this is the optimal speed that this build should be able to do, but that might have to do with the SSD being slightly outdated (about 6 years, forgot to mention).
Damn that's old

Zoel.fahmi

Upstanding
Dec 27, 2019
Yep, PSU and SSD are the oldest parts in the build, and also the next ones to be replaced. But it still works and that's mainly why I haven't upgraded yet.
Well you can, but this problem will become more frequent
You can still use older SSD and HDD for backup storage
For psu you can always sell it

Solution