[SOLVED] Slow boot times...

Subatago

Prominent
Mar 15, 2019
Hi,

My windows takes ages to load and I can't tell why.
After the BIOS screen it takes 1 minute and 40 seconds to boot. But the weird thing is that windows seems messed up (even though its a clean install)
The first part takes 40 seconds... Which is the normal boot screen.

After the first part the screen goes dark and it switches screen, where after there is a blank loading screen (no windows logo, only loading circle) on that other monitor.(I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be happening...)

This part takes another minute...

Considering I'm using RAID 0 with 2 SATA SSDs, the disk speeds are around 1.050 MB/s, yet it loads so damn slow with a clean install.

Anyone has any idea what might be going on?

Specs if needed:
MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Ryzen 7 3800x
32GB DDR4 3200MHz
2x SATA SSD (Samsung 850 Pro & Crucial MX500)

Solution
Hi,

After the BIOS screen it takes 1 minute and 40 seconds to boot. But the weird thing is that windows seems messed up (even though its a clean install)

After the first part the screen goes dark and it switches screen, where after there is a blank loading screen (no windows logo, only loading circle) on that other monitor.(I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be happening...)

Considering I'm using RAID 0 with 2 SATA SSDs, the disk speeds are around 1.050 MB/s, yet it loads so damn slow with a clean install.

Specs if needed:
MSI...

Joseph57

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
IMHO......
Using SSD's in a Raid configuration is not the best option.
Are you running any software that loads with windows on start up?
Disable the Raid configuration and try using the Samsung drive on windows itself?
Disconnect the Crucial drive during the install so windows will put the boot loader on the Samsung drive

Subatago

Prominent
Mar 15, 2019
RAID 0 with SSD's can be even slower than individual drives.
The RAID overhead overcomes the raw sequential speed boost.

In addition to all the other issues with a RAID 0.

Undo it and reinstall.

It happened before (when i was using single SATA SSD) too. But was planning on getting an NVMe SSD anyways. Would this give me any noticeable difference?

HOLDMYPC

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
Hi,

Specs if needed:
MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Ryzen 7 3800x
32GB DDR4 3200MHz
2x SATA SSD (Samsung 850 Pro & Crucial MX500)
These two are different SSDs try using only one as a boot drive without RAID0 and install your OS again on that single drive

Solution