Slow boot up (High-end PC): HP logo shows, black screen, HP logo again [20 minutes loading time].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan_98

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
I have a relatively good PC but I do not think it is a hardware problem. So when I turn on my computer the HP logo shows up in normal timing (so is this not a BIOS problem), it sits on the HP logo for about 3-5 minutes, screen goes black for about 15 minutes, HP logo comes back for about 2 minutes then I get an orange windows 10 colour theme saying "Please wait" and the lock screen comes up ready to log in, after this everything is normal, basically its very slowing getting to the lock screen.

A few specifics i've noticed, my mouse has LEDs this turns on and off about 4 times around the second HP logo appearance. The lock screen is usually synced to my laptops lock screen, and it changes reguraly however it is not anymore and does not change either, its a picture of a Medevil Iron Helmet (which is quite spooky, I havent bothered to change it or see if this is a picture from Microsoft).

Yesterday I was also about to do a safe-mode boot but the computer turned off, I did however leave my computer untouched for at least 5 minutes but it wasn't a shutting down screen it just turned off. I also doubt it is to do with cooling as I can still play games without any problems.

UPDATE: In my start-up processes there is a file name called Program, no publisher, start-up impact isn't measured but it is enabled, when I right click I can only Disable it or search online. How can I find its file location so I can remove it?

Solution

BasicallyNuclear

Reputable
Jan 22, 2017

Did you boot it into safe mode? Looks like you did, if so good.

I looked on line and it might have something to do with folding at home. Do you have that?

EDIT: Found this online:

"Hi,

It may be a deleted software that was part of the startup items when it was still installed. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by running a virus/malware scan just to be sure.
- Here's a link for tools and guide you can use.
http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malwar...
- Once done with the clean up delete all the temporary files.
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time and type %temp% then press OK.
- Delete everything in that temp folder and just leave those that won't delete.
- If all these will not work you may need to use a 3rd party software to get rid of it for good.

Do refer to this link and it would contain the steps and the 3rd party software that i'm referring to.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window..."

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.