Slow boot up time after uninstalling Avira

P8P67

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
It all started when i uninstalled Avira. Now when i start up my computer it takes about 2 minutes before i can use a web browser, or programs can use the internet. But my computer is connected to the internet because I can ping a server.

In Windows safe mode everything works just fine. i can use the internet right when it starts up. I have also tried to disable all non Microsoft programs on start up, but its still slow.

Have scanned with Avast and Malwarebytes but nothing is found. I don't know what to do. Is it something left from Avira?

Solution

I found the problem. It was "Origin web helper service" that was the problem. When you dissable it in services.msc the problem goes away.

P8P67

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Well I uninstalled it because it also made my computer slow. But its like the computer is still starting up. The blue circle is showing on the internet connection symbol, and some startup programs have still not started. Maybe because they don't have access to the internet yet.

P8P67

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

It did not help. When i installed chrome again did Avira plugins come up. I have uninstalled all Avira programs i can find. But still it comes up. It is not the browser that is the problem. There is something else. I can use the explorer but i cant start a program.
Do you aor anyone have any ips on how to find old files from for example Avira?

P8P67

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

I found the problem. It was "Origin web helper service" that was the problem. When you dissable it in services.msc the problem goes away.

Solution

Ruger6

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
I can confirm this as well. Last wed, 11/15/17 i fired up my pc thats been sitting and there was a lot of updates for windows and most other services being i do not use it much. after updating windows, steam , uplay and origin not to mention a few other programs i started having boot time's that went from 32 sec to 3min+ with windows logs pointing to many services that failed to start or errored in some way. After a few days of tinkering with the problem to no success i googled it and found this thread. I figured what the hell, iv tried most everything else but a re-install of windows. IT worked...... i don't know why but Origin web helper service was causing a conflict with network protocols that was affecting not only my startup but every program that needed a web service at boot to properly start/ run. even my networked HDD's were showing as unreachable after boot until you clicked on them after the system "hang" and they refreshed. So IDK what origin has to do with my networking but it sure screwed the pooch on this machine.

Thanks for the help P8P67