[SOLVED] slow boot up

Jan 9, 2019
so i been having problems with boot up on my pc, its windows 10 pro on my ssd and it had just recently been booting up really really slow
Specs
ryzen 5 1600
b350 strix
gtx 1070ti
8gb ram
250gb ssd
1t hdd
coolermaster cooler

Solution

Ok, perhaps try it without it. Also maybe look into reinstalling windows, and i know its a silly question to ask, but you're positive you're not accidentally booting from the HDD, right? And if you arent maybe try cloning your OS over to your HDD and see if it boots faster ( by all accounts it SHOULDNT) but if it does that means there is a problem on your SSD. Do you have alot of programs set to start with windows? that could slow the boot down especially if those programs are located on your HDD.

lthampton

Notable
Jan 8, 2019

Ok, perhaps try it without it. Also maybe look into reinstalling windows, and i know its a silly question to ask, but you're positive you're not accidentally booting from the HDD, right? And if you arent maybe try cloning your OS over to your HDD and see if it boots faster ( by all accounts it SHOULDNT) but if it does that means there is a problem on your SSD. Do you have alot of programs set to start with windows? that could slow the boot down especially if those programs are located on your HDD.

Solution

lthampton

Notable
Jan 8, 2019

Yeah lets go ahead and do that, windows gets sluggish sometimes. I had to reinstall windows when i installed my new M2 drive and got substantially faster boot times.