Mar 27, 2019
Helllo, I recently purchased a new motherboard (Asrock Z370 Pro4) and I have noticed that when I power on my PC it takes a long time to leave the Asrock Screen during boot, but when I restart the computer it is really fast, like it should be. When I enter the Task Manager it says that the Last BIOS Time was around 30 to 45 seconds. When I restart it's around 8. I'm running Windows 10 on an SSD, but I also have an HDD on my PC. I have connected 4 USBs in total, my keyboard, mouse, microphone and an MPK mini (music keyboard). Is this behavior normal?

Mar 27, 2019
The SSD is a Samsung 860 Evo 500GB. There are currently 412 GB free. I can't seem to find any Fast Boot option in BIOS so unfortunately I can't answer your question. I did however an optionsrelated to Boot. It is called Boot Performance Mode which is set on "Max Non-Turbo Performance".

Last edited:

WildCard999

Titan
What do you have for peripherals? From my experience Logitech Software bogged down my startup drastically, from like 10 seconds without to like 30 seconds with the software.

Since you have a Samsung SSD you could download the Magician software, make the the firmware is up to date and enable Rapid mode which should help increase the speed.

Mar 27, 2019
What do you have for peripherals? From my experience Logitech Software bogged down my startup drastically, from like 10 seconds without to like 30 seconds with the software.

Since you have a Samsung SSD you could download the Magician software, make the the firmware is up to date and enable Rapid mode which should help increase the speed.
Thanks for your replies so far. I have already installed Samsung Magician, the firmware is up to date and R.A.P.I.D Mode is enabled. What do you mean by peripherals? If you mean anything other than the USBs I mentioned then I also have some Logitech speakers plugged in.

Mar 16, 2019
Hi, don't do anything with your bios because it will be harmful to your pc (sometimes causes the laptop to an infinite bootloops, but that won't be the case to fix it until you buy a new bios battery to fix the bootloops or any boot problem), but if you want to boot it fast download some programs that contain anti-virus or similar to (CRACKED CCLEANER, it will help you a lot but it's also not just an anti-virus), it will help you to find the files of any kind of bad viruses or anything that could be not good for the pc or using an a lot of space to use (CPU-RAM-HARD DRIVE-HARD DISK), or download norton for free 1 month atleast to clean any bad or unused files too, also try to open the task manager and disable the programs that opens when the pc goes to desktop (after you enter the password of the pc), Follow the steps: Open Task Manager, then select (startup) then disable any unuseful programs, then start any program at the time you want to use, because it will use more space and power time between (when you enter your pc).

Mar 27, 2019
Hi, don't do anything with your bios because it will be harmful to your pc (sometimes causes the laptop to an infinite bootloops, but that won't be the case to fix it until you buy a new bios battery to fix the bootloops or any boot problem), but if you want to boot it fast download some programs that contain anti-virus or similar to (CRACKED CCLEANER, it will help you a lot but it's also not just an anti-virus), it will help you to find the files of any kind of bad viruses or anything that could be not good for the pc or using an a lot of space to use (CPU-RAM-HARD DRIVE-HARD DISK), or download norton for free 1 month atleast to clean any bad or unused files too, also try to open the task manager and disable the programs that opens when the pc goes to desktop (after you enter the password of the pc), Follow the steps: Open Task Manager, then select (startup) then disable any unuseful programs, then start any program at the time you want to use, because it will use more space and power time between (when you enter your pc).
Thanks for replying. Well firstly I don't have a laptop so there's that. I have also disabled any programs that I don't need from Startup, as I said above. I also clean my already lightly used SSD daily using CCleaner but that has not helped my problem.