Question Slow bootup + frequent game crashing

May 2, 2021
I would call myself an extreme beginner when it comes to pc building, however this cobbled pc was doing fine (as far a I could tell) until sometime last year and has been getting progressively worse:
Bootup itself is fast, but once I get to the desktop it takes about 2 minutes before I can actually open anything. I already minimized the amount of items that boot on startup.

Some games stutter if I have other applications open at the same time, but as far as how intensive the games are, it doesn't seem to matter, nor do the graphic settings.
Ex: no issues with heavily modded Fallout NV, but I have stuttering on Stardew Valley...? Baldur's Gate 3 will crash to desktop every 10 or so minutes even on lowest setting (and cause graphical issues that usually require a restart)

Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM
MSI Z270 Krait Gaming ATX LGA1151
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Founders Edition
XFX Core 750 W 80+ Bronze Cert ATX
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5” 72000RPM HD
Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5” SSD
Seagate Barracuda 510 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By any chance is the 120GB SSD showing a red line or is more than 50% full? If so, you should make it a habit/practice to keep the SSD half full. Speaking of SSD's, how do you have the two SSD's in your build structured? Got a screenshot of what Disk Manager looks like? On another note, what version of Windows 10 are you on? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Age of the PSU in the build?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
How are temps?
How full is your OS drive?

It could be helpful to run a Userbenchmark and post the link back here.

Just looking at the parts list doesn't indicate anything that should not be giving you passable performance for 1080/60 low/mid settings.

May 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By any chance is the 120GB SSD showing a red line or is more than 50% full? If so, you should make it a habit/practice to keep the SSD half full. Speaking of SSD's, how do you have the two SSD's in your build structured? Got a screenshot of what Disk Manager looks like? On another note, what version of Windows 10 are you on? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Age of the PSU in the build?
Thank you! Windows version is 20H2. BIOS is American Megatrends A.40. PSU is from 2015.
Disk Manager: https://ibb.co/dQLRVHM
How are temps?
How full is your OS drive?

It could be helpful to run a Userbenchmark and post the link back here.

Just looking at the parts list doesn't indicate anything that should not be giving you passable performance for 1080/60 low/mid settings.
OS drive is 23% free. Low intensity is around 38C range but I'll need to check it when I'm running a game.
interesting. Can you install HWinfo and post the readouts?
Not sure if there's a better way to post this?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VrJsNBykiYlASddBCDa4d9vzDFNOIpWfotiwQiV46Vo/edit?usp=sharing