[SOLVED] Slow connection + steam speeds

Lawrence_30

Commendable
Jul 26, 2017
Hello!

Im just gonna jump straight into it:

My router is downstairs (two story house), im with Virgin Media.
Upstairs is where my room + my gaming PC is, so I have started using a powerline adapter in order to get ethernet access to the network and internet.

On my other PC downstairs, connected directly to the router, I get 7 Ping, 400mbps download and 36mbps Upload., which is really good.
Upstairs however, using a powerline adapter which is plugged in the mains, i get 9 Ping, 15mbps download and 12 mpbs upload!!!!
Similarly, I only get around 1mbps download on Steam when downloading games and software... overall slow

Any idea why this is happening?
Any help is really appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
You should get more than that with that unit..but the 1000 is a big lie you might get 300mbps.

I would try both units in the same room as the router to see what you get. It could be something strange with the power wires in your house. You need to be sure these units are plugged directly into the wall. No power strips or extension cords.
You should get more than that with that unit..but the 1000 is a big lie you might get 300mbps.

I would try both units in the same room as the router to see what you get. It could be something strange with the power wires in your house. You need to be sure these units are plugged directly into the wall. No power strips or extension cords.

Solution