Question Slow connection

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Ok, so I've recently built my first PC and I bought a cheap USB Wifi adapter as I don't have an ethernet port in my room, it looks something like this, it's not that exact model but it looks like that. I tried playing CS:GO and a few other games but I was having problems due to the Wifi adapter not having strong connectivity or just not being good in the first place, so I was thinking of getting something better but I dont know what to get

I had this in mind, if I got this I could plug it into the wall and since it has an ethernet port on the bottom I could connect it from the extender to my PC

The other thing I had in mind was just getting something like this where I put it in a PCIe slot and get the benefit of Wifi and Bluetooth to use with my MDR-1000X

Thank you in advance!

You list a Sony MDR-1000X Noise Cancelling, Bluetooth Headphone, but no router information. You may need 802.11ac compatible equipment.

1.3 gigabits per second (Gbps) is the speed most commonly cited as the 802.11ac standard. This translates to 166 megabytes per second (MBps) or 1331 megabits per second (Mbps). It is vastly quicker than the 450Mbit per second (0.45Gbps) headline speeds quoted on the highest performing 802.11n routers.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
You list a Sony MDR-1000X Noise Cancelling, Bluetooth Headphone, but no router information. You may need 802.11ac compatible equipment.

1.3 gigabits per second (Gbps) is the speed most commonly cited as the 802.11ac standard. This translates to 166 megabytes per second (MBps) or 1331 megabits per second (Mbps). It is vastly quicker than the 450Mbit per second (0.45Gbps) headline speeds quoted on the highest performing 802.11n routers.
I have this router, its the one AT&T gives you