Slow CPU Speeds

barbarianhorde

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a speed issue with my machine, I have an AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera running on an ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX I had to reset all of my bios settings a few days ago due to a couple of hard drive issues, prior to those aforementioned issues my machine was running @ 4.2Ghz, and my ram was running @ 1600, now I seem to be stuck @ 4.0Ghz with a ram speed of 1333. Whenever I change ANY of the settings in regards to the CPU or RAM, I'll turn the machine on but it won't even post it just kinda idles and doesn't do anything, I end up having to reset the BIOS for it to boot properly again. I just can't figure out what the issue is since I was running @ the aforementioned speeds no more than a week or so ago, wondering if anyone has run into these issues before and or knows of a potential fix to the problem? Also here's a link to the RAM that i'm currently using, I know this section is primarily for CPU's, but I figured it would be easier just posting everything in one thread rather than posting multiple ones where I'd end up repeating 90%/ of the info again.

TRENDING THREADS