[SOLVED] Slow download and upload speed but speedtest says high.

Dec 19, 2020
My internet speeds were fine 3 days ago, until suddenly in the middle of the night my speeds dropped and I was getting a extremely high ping. Currently when I go do a speedtest these are my results but when I look over to task manager it displays this .
I've tried with ethernet and wireless connections with the same results, as well as connecting on my neighbor's wifi. I get regular speeds on my phone, YouTube, Discord etc but on my PC everything is slow. I originally thought I got some bloatware or something, so I wiped my SSD, no dice. I'm now thinking something internally is broken.

PC Specs:
Windows 10 Pro.
Gigabyte B450M Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6 Core
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

There are 8 devices connected
1 PC (via ethernet)
6 Phones
1 Apple TV

Let me know if any other info are needed.

Solution
Hi
Try looking at the task manager while doing speedtest side by side. Check if it gives you any peak similar to the speedtest results. Also please check your ssd health. I would also check if there is any windows update happening in the background as they do tend to prioritize update over user convenience. One of those pc health tools can also help.
Hope this provides any assistance.

iq7

Dec 18, 2020
first you can try to reinstalling or update your network adapters , device manger > network adapters
if not working , you can try reset the router

Dec 15, 2020
Hi
Try looking at the task manager while doing speedtest side by side. Check if it gives you any peak similar to the speedtest results. Also please check your ssd health. I would also check if there is any windows update happening in the background as they do tend to prioritize update over user convenience. One of those pc health tools can also help.
Hope this provides any assistance.

Solution

Latest posts