Slow Download, Normal Upload with ethernet, fine over wifi

Apr 23, 2018
So, I recently upgraded my internet plan from 25/5 Mbps to 150/15Mbps. But my pc can't hit 150Mbps down, only about 30Mbps when I use ethernet, but it can easily hit 150 - 180Mbps when I disable ethernet and turn on wi-fi. I know it's just my desktop in particular, as all other devices in my household work fine with ethernet (I have tested the cables I usually connect into my pc, they all work both directly connected into the modem, or with a router/switch). At this point I'm out of ideas, I've tried installing all the latest drivers, trying in windows safe mode, uninstalling any program that may cause interference with my speeds. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
CPU:i7-5820k
motherboard: Asus x99 deluxe/USB 3.1
GPU: MSI r7 370
ram: 16gb of ddr4 corrsair dominator platnium

Ralston18

Titan
Are you sure that your wired network adapter is correctly configured to match your router?

Make and model router? Make and model network adapter? Ensure that the network adapter is fully and firmly seated as applicable.

Via the network adapter configuration windows, check the Speed and Duplex settings.

Try manual settings versus "auto" or if now manual, try "auto".

You can also discover more information by using Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your pc's performance.

Take a look at what all is running and the resources being used while uploading, downloading, browsing etc..

Focus on Network related resources.

If your ISP does not provide IPv6, uncheck the option.

Apr 23, 2018

So, I did what you suggested with the adapter configuration when I first opened it, it was set to auto at 1.0Gbps, I tried setting it to manual 1.0Gbps Full duplex, it did increase the speed by 5Mbps, so now I'm averaging about ~40Mbps download, I did also try 100Mbps Full Duplex, and Half Duplex which dropped my speed to 5 -15 Mbps download. I also ran the diagnostic tests and all passed no fails.

Also while I was running speed tests, and streaming videos I watched my network in task manager & resource monitor and nothing was out of the ordinary, Google Chrome was the only thing that increased in network usage when I ran those tests or streamed videos, and occasionally system showed up but wasn't consistent.

And my ISP provides IPv6.