Slow download on laptop

Sep 4, 2018
I have fast broadband (200Mbps) but recently my laptop has only been able to get about 5 for downloads. upload is still around 10 where it usually is, but i used to get the full 200 down.
The problem is on both wired and wifi, and seems to be isolated to the one (my main) laptop.
I've swapped cables and wifi network to make sure, but it must be something on the laptop itself? I have shut down all running programs to test. I have run cleanup programs, virus scan, etc. cant find anything.
there was a windows update around the time this started....

Any ideas? Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
When you speak of your laptop being the main system, do other devices in your household work as they should(with the speeds you're looking at? You may want to make sure your laptop BIOS is up to date and then uninstall and reinstall your networking adapters drivers found off manufacturer's support site. Are you on Windows 7 or are you on Windows 10 and you posted this thread in the wrong section?

Lastly, pass on the make and model of your laptop. An SKU would help us two fold.

Sep 4, 2018

Sorry for the wrong location I was searching for others with the same problem as just used the “ask” button to post my own question.

Yes, other devices are connecting and working at great speeds, getting the full 200Mbps where I can measure it.
I am running windows 10 on a Dell Laptop. I’m not near it at the moment so can’t provide model details at the moment. It was good spec about a year ago.
I have updated the BIOS, the intel tools thing is saying all the drivers are up to date but I will try reinstalling the network ones later.

Thanks for the help.