Question Slow download speed for some files while using Wi-Fi

Apr 13, 2019
Hello, I have an issue with download speed using wi-fi network where some files are downloading at normal speed while some other seem to have capped download speed. This seems to be an issue with my laptop only as other laptops can download everything at normal speeds, and when using cable connection my laptop's download speed is normal. For information, my laptop is an acer predator helios 500 with the killer AC1550 wireless card running on Windows 10 and my wireless network is only 2.4 Ghz.

I don't know about the wifi chipset but the killer ethernet chipset have all kinds of strange bugs. It makes no sense that the speed would be different. The solution for the ethenet is to load the driver without the killer features not sure if that is a option for wifi. After getting burned I do not even consider anything that says killer on it.

Apr 13, 2019
Well the ethernet is working fine for me from what i've seen. I also tried changing to firefox one day and wireless download speed returned to normal but only for one day. I also suspect my router is doing some crazy stuff but that's just a possibility.