Question Slow download speed on certain apps.

Drakobiec

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Hello, one of our computers at home has slow download speed and bad connection in certain apps.
Situation:
PC-1 (problem)
Download speeds:
Steam: 17MB/s
Origin: 15MB/s
Chrome/Opera/Edge/Mozzila: 3,2MB/s (fastshare, ulozto, google disk)
Also. Sometimes when forexample game is started. Teamspeak and other apps lose connection for a sec. (and during playing)

PC-2
Download speeds:
Steam: 17MB/s same as abobe
Origin: 15MB/s same as above
Chrome/Opera/Edge/Mozzila: 13-14MB/s (fastshare, ulozto, google disk)

Things i know and i already tried: Swapping a cable, swaping router ports, disconnecting other pc, restarting both PCs and router, PC-1 in safe mode also problematic results, dissabled all startup apps, restarted network settings, uninstalled all VPNs, reinstalled network drivers from manufacturers site, setting google dns, they have same network settings (mask, gateway, DNS), wifi on the router is fine (laptop)

PC-1 Speedtest.net test same as PC-2
PC-1 Testmy.net test 10x slower than PC-2 PC-1 (11Mb/s) PC-2 (125Mb/s)

PC-1 (Win 10 Pro)
CPU: i5-6400
GPU: GB RTX 2070
RAM: 8GB
MB: MSI B150M PRO-VHD
SSD+HDD

PC-2 (Win 10 home)
CPU: i5-8400
GPU: MSI RTX 2070
RAM: 16GB
MB: MSI B360M BAZOOKA
SSD+HDD

Last edited:

Drakobiec

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Which specific apps?

Make and model modem, router, or modem/router if combo.

The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some helpful information.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Chrome (downloading, youtube etc.), TeamSpeak3, Battlefiled 1, battlefield V

Router: Compal ch7465lg-lc

We can get to the router with a password and there is an Administration tab open. I hope we got acces to most/all management tools.

Logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bUu9m7VRpwoj7gFArEH4gvaiQUkwwflK
(some of the words are in Czech, i can translate a log to English if you need to, but i sure hope you can figure out most of them) don't know which logs can help you. Ask for specific information and i can look for it but these are i hope all we could find.

Ralston18

Titan
PC2 and Laptop (wireless) are having no problems - correct?

Are you sure that PC1 does not have both the wired and wireless adapters enabled? Should be one or the other enabled (wired or wireless) not both.

On PC1 (the problem PC) run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

You may need to do the same for PC2 - just to compare the results.

Drakobiec

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
PC2 and Laptop (wireless) are having no problems - correct?

Are you sure that PC1 does not have both the wired and wireless adapters enabled? Should be one or the other enabled (wired or wireless) not both.

On PC1 (the problem PC) run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

You may need to do the same for PC2 - just to compare the results.

PC-2 and other devices are having no problems, thats correct

PC-1 has no wireless adapters, only Ethernet

Updated logs with IP conf.: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bUu9m7VRpwoj7gFArEH4gvaiQUkwwflK