Question Slow Ethernet For some reason

BurlordKxng

Commendable
Sep 5, 2020
My browser performs very badly when I use an Ethernet connection . When I switch to a wireless connection, it works properly. There are longer load times on certain websites, like YouTube, and all sites have some aspects that take time to load. On the OOKLA speed test, I get 300 mbps download and upload.
I tried several methods, such as using a different port on the modem, switching the ethernet cable, and restarting network adapter, downloading latest LAN Drivers for my motherboard but none of them fix the issue.

kanewolf

Titan
My browser performs very badly when I use an Ethernet connection . When I switch to a wireless connection, it works properly. There are longer load times on certain websites, like YouTube, and all sites have some aspects that take time to load. On the OOKLA speed test, I get 300 mbps download and upload.
I tried several methods, such as using a different port on the modem, switching the ethernet cable, and restarting network adapter, downloading latest LAN Drivers for my motherboard but none of them fix the issue.
Start by disabling IPv6 on your ethernet adapter.

kanewolf

Titan
Do I restart my pc afterwards ? and what does this setting do, what does disabling it do ?
There are two different paths around the internet. IPv4 which has addresses like 8.8.8.8 (google DNS) and IPv6 which has addresses like this 2001:4860:4860::8888 (also google DNS). By disabling the IPv6 on your ethernet adapter, you force it to use the IPv4 path. This is the more common path.
You should reboot your PC after disabling IPv6.
Here is a how-to -- https://networking.grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleid=17573