Slow Ethernet Speed??

Apr 3, 2018
Hello, I recently upgraded from console gaming by buying a PC. My internet service is the best in my area currently at 350mbps Down And Upload is 35mbps. On my Playstation 4 i run speed test i get around 285mbps(which i expect it not to be quite 350mbps so thats fine) and on my Xbox1 I run the test and get around the same have seen it in the 300's. When i run a speed test on my PC 99% of the time i am only getting 35mbps download at most and the same for upload. By the way tests ran on all three were done with Ethernet straight from modem to device using same exact cable for each. To give you better specs of my PC the exact computer is in this link https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Desktop-9200-i7-8700K-Graphics/dp/B078H7WQ8B/ref=pd_day0_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B078H7WQ8B&pd_rd_r=N3YQNFA271WAFMNJP5AW&pd_rd_w=ZcksT&pd_rd_wg=QS9du&refRID=N3YQNFA271WAFMNJP5AW&th=1
I do not know why my internet speed is so slow if anyone has any ideas as to why I would appreciate it.

Solution
Rule of thumb: IF two other devices on the same connection, same cable get within specifications, but your PC does not, then the issue is with your PC. Most likely Malware or other software based complication (drivers updates, etc.). I would either have someone give your PC a good one over, otherwise if your using Chrome for your webbrowser for this testing, make sure to try an run it Incognito mode (three dots top right, then select) to avoid anything on your browser from affecting the results.
Rule of thumb: IF two other devices on the same connection, same cable get within specifications, but your PC does not, then the issue is with your PC. Most likely Malware or other software based complication (drivers updates, etc.). I would either have someone give your PC a good one over, otherwise if your using Chrome for your webbrowser for this testing, make sure to try an run it Incognito mode (three dots top right, then select) to avoid anything on your browser from affecting the results.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS