Question Slow frame-rate from Minecraft w/ Shader ?

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
So I have brought this up on several different forums on Reddit (no one seems to be caring). I am running with a 3060, like there should be no frame rate issue regardless. I have managed to run Cyberpunk pretty effortlessly but boy Minecraft with one shader mod...nope can't get frame rate up past 20. SO any help or suggestions would be nice thanks.

So I have brought this up on several different forums on Reddit (no one seems to be caring). I am running with a 3060, like there should be no frame rate issue regardless. I have managed to run Cyberpunk pretty effortlessly but boy Minecraft with one shader mod...nope can't get frame rate up past 20. SO any help or suggestions would be nice thanks.
Could you please list the pc specs in detail?

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
which version you are using right now? also could you post the JVM Arguments please?
Minecraft 1.17.1 [Java]
JVM arguments -Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

I also moved from 2G to 32G and highest FPS I got was 22. So a very minor improvement.

Minecraft 1.17.1 [Java]
JVM arguments -Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

I also moved from 2G to 32G and highest FPS I got was 22. So a very minor improvement.
For minecraft 8gigs is already pretty much for the game, try to use this arguments:

-Xmx8192M -Xms8192M -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseZGC -Xmx8G -XX:+ZProactive -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646

or

-Xmx8192M -Xms8192M -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646

and see which perform the best.

also what kind of shaders did you use?

Last edited:
Minecraft is also not optimized well to run high FPS, as the game runs mostly on one CPU core, and RAM speed can also make a big difference. Depending on the shader you use, you might want to/need to combine the shader with some form of optimization mod/plugin to make it run better. It is also possible the shader is not optimized itself, causing FPS issues

Minecraft is also not optimized well to run high FPS, as the game runs mostly on one CPU core, and RAM speed can also make a big difference. Depending on the shader you use, you might want to/need to combine the shader with some form of optimization mod/plugin to make it run better. It is also possible the shader is not optimized itself, causing FPS issues
It was far more better until this 1.17.1 where mojang decided to use Java16 which is not a long term one, and the minecraft itself is not optimized yet on java 16. It will be wonderful if that game start taking advantage of multi core & threads, without 3rd party .jar like optifine or fabric.