Question Slow gaming laptop

Apr 25, 2019
So I have an Asus GL552VW. Few days ago I was playing Fifa 19 on it and my friend invited me to play Fortnite with them... So I closed Fifa and opened Fortnite... Suddenly my laptop shuts itself down and after few minutes turns back on. After turning on I go in Fortnite and the graphics have been set to the lowest possible. Even with the lowest graphics I have lag in the game. I tried Fifa and that lagged too. It was at this time when I smelled something burned and turned of the laptop. I cleaned the inside, and rebooted the laptop yet it is still unable to perform like it used to. Any ideas where the problem may lie?

Apr 25, 2019
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop(motherboard)? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers? Speaking of drivers, which version of the OS are you on?
Ok so BIOS was 218, I have now updated it to 300. For my GPU I downloaded the GeForce auto update and said that this GPU has no updates available. I tried finding GeForce GTX 960m driver and it was not there. And I am on Windows version 1809.