Question Slow Graphics Card - New Install

LedaOhio9

Honorable
Jul 30, 2017
Having some issues with displaying tiny 640x480 cam images in a fast cycle.

I use iSPY Connect security camera and have it set to snap images on movement. During the night, I have average around 2k images. Bugs, cats, coons etc on camera. Any movement..

When I view the images, I use Vueprint and hold the space bar down to cycle thru all the images quickly to see the alerts captured.

I was running an older SLI and images displayed fast without probs and those GPU puked.

I upgraded, so I thought, and now when I cycle thru the images, the GPU does not display them as fast. I've cranked the quality down on the images captured, changed GPU performance settings and windows etc.

WHAT AM I MISSING?

This GPU should load these tiny 640x480 images instantly and not lag before loading the next image yet, it does... Hold space bar and Veuprint should ZIP thru the images in that folder easily.

View: https://imgur.com/SEbhcZI

HELP?

Last edited:

LedaOhio9

Honorable
Jul 30, 2017
I just made this vid clip showing how it messes up when I start viewing the images.

Notice the bottom of the image not loading all the way when I start cycling thru but, THEN it works fine once the GPU caches the images.

There are only like 60 images in there from last night and it loads them into it's RAM, then they load fast going thru all images in that folder quick showing the entire image.

When it snows/rains.. I'll have 100k images in that folder and it will lag loading the bottom of the images like this clip shows in the start before it caches the small number of pics in that folder and then they display nicely.

EXAMPLE CLIP
https://www.dropbox.com/s/92tos8tghsult9j/GPU LAG.mp4?dl=0

LedaOhio9

Honorable
Jul 30, 2017
Adding just cuz this is super handy if any use iSpyconnect.

Here is a little batch I wrote to archive w/timestamp and then remove images captured.

This keeps the folder under control and not filling up to insane numbers of images.
It archives them and leaves the folder empty every 12hrs.
It snaps to my Dropbox folder so, if my PCs are stolen, I can still access the images that may have captured the POS crook that broke in. :D
BATCH is added to task scheduler.

--paste 10AMTimer.BAT

rmdir /S /Q D:\Dropbox\Private\HouseCam\video\GarageCAM\thumbs
rmdir /S /Q D:\Dropbox\Private\HouseCam\video\BackYard\thumbs

c:\7zip\7z.exe a -r -mx0 D:\iSPY\"%DATE:7,2%.%DATE:~4,2%.%DATE:-4% 10PM-GarageCam-IMAGES-BACKUP".7z D:\Dropbox\Private\HouseCam\video\GarageCAM\*.jpg
c:\7zip\7z.exe a -r -mx0 D:\iSPY\"%DATE:7,2%.%DATE:~4,2%.%DATE:-4% 10PM-BackYard-IMAGES-BACKUP".7z D:\Dropbox\Private\HouseCam\video\BackYard\*.jpg

rem del /F /S D:\Dropbox\Private\HouseCam\video\GarageCAM\*.mp4
del /F /S D:\Dropbox\Private\HouseCam\video\GarageCAM\*.jpg
rem del /F /S D:\Dropbox\Private\HouseCam\video\BackYard\*.mp4
del /F /S D:\Dropbox\Private\HouseCam\video\BackYard\*.jpg
exit

Last edited:

LedaOhio9

Honorable
Jul 30, 2017
You might want to try installing the latest drivers for your graphics card from AMD's official site...

Am on a fresh install (like 4days ago) and I used those latest AMD drivers I THOUGHT when installing from an FDISK.

Checking.. I see I used..
win7-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.10.2-oct24
..derp

Installing new..
win7-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.1.4-jan27
now... BRB kek

View: https://imgur.com/uNqKOgE