Slow hard drive after motherboard change

vesa01

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
I changed motherboard a month ago and since then my hard drive has worked slower. It can take about half an hour to start the computer. I have also other computers and I have noticed that it takes much longer to start same games in this computer than in other computers. The difference is big. I have now decided to buy a new hard drive and see if that helps or reinstall windows 7.

The problem can off course be the motherboard althoug that is only a month old. There were problems even before the motherboard change but HD wasn't this slow then. I have run malware tests, disk defragmantation and some registry cleanup but are there other things that I could try?

Funny thing is that when I have run crystal disk speed test and hd test in Passmark performance test, they show that speeds are just normal. It just that when you use some actual software like games everything slows down dramatically.

vesa01

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
I have two hd:s in my system Wd20eads and st1000dm003 and according to crystal speed test, writing is expecially slow in westerdigital. Seagate speed seems to be normal and read in wester digital but writing seems to be very slow.