Slow HDD caused by GPU

galaxisx266

Reputable
Dec 14, 2017
Hello, so recently I installed GPU Tweak and I accidentally clicked the ‘Default’ button on professional view and it changed a lot of things on my GPU which caused it to get black boxes and got a black screen of course I started panicking and held the power button to force shutdown after turning it back on after 20mins or so the GPU went back to normal I quickly uninstalled GPU Tweak, fearing that when it automatically launches the settings would make my GPU go black again I then noticed that I lost data in the folder that GPU T was in and the HDD with those files got much slower, I tried launching Steam but it would take almost a minute to launch. Overall I would like to know if there are any major damage or anything that I should know about and is there a way to fix my HDD back to its original speed?

Solution
You can run our free diagnostic software SeaTools to check on the health of the drive. If you're able to back your data up to another form of storage, then sometimes the best way to get a hard drive running more smoothly is to format it, which does erase all of the data on the drive, so provided you have somewhere to back up anything important, it might be worth a shot. You could also try defragmenting it.

lperreault21

Notable
Sep 8, 2017

ok, yeah, i would run malwarbytes.
also check what is running in the backround. there migh be some stuff there from that App.

galaxisx266

Reputable
Dec 14, 2017

Thank you but what if it is not a virus what should I do then?

lperreault21

Notable
Sep 8, 2017

I don't know,

You can run our free diagnostic software SeaTools to check on the health of the drive. If you're able to back your data up to another form of storage, then sometimes the best way to get a hard drive running more smoothly is to format it, which does erase all of the data on the drive, so provided you have somewhere to back up anything important, it might be worth a shot. You could also try defragmenting it.

Solution