Question Slow internet on one device, fine on others

Oct 11, 2019
Hi guys,

I've been noticing some slow speeds on my computer recently and decided to check speeds - I'm on an internet plan that provides me 130Mb+ and on speed testing the internet on mobile, I DO recieve speeds of 100Mb+. However, when speedtesting on my PC, I'm looking at an average of 30Mb/s.

I've run the test both on ethernet and wireless yet both return the same results. I've scoured the internet for suggestions and tried many things like: resetting network configurations, updating drivers, rebooting in safe mode, uninstalling VPN drivers, though nothing seems to work.

I'm on a BT Smart Hub 2 and I'll post my PC specs below. At this point I'm at a loss as to what's happening here - I'm desperate for help!

i5-7600 @ 3.50GHz
16gb RAM
GTX 1060 6GB

Thanks

Oct 11, 2019
Can you try to boot up an Linux live-cd (or usb stick) (Linux Mint for example) and see if you get poor result from that as well?

What is then brand/name of your motherboard ?

How would I go about running a Linux live-cd? I've not done that before - should clarify that I'm currently on Windows 10. The Motherboard is an ASUS Prime B250M-K

TRENDING THREADS